5.03.2010

What I've Been Up To....

I've been a blog slacker...sorry about that. Here are some things I've been working on (instead of typing) & some things that are coming up...my daughter is turning 8...so it's time for another birthday party.

-->I finally made some crayon rolls that hold standard size crayons... the "mini" holds 12 crayons &
the "regular" holds 24. These are great for storing crayons (no more ripped up crayon boxes), for travel & when you need a quiet activity (mine comes to church with us, the kids can doodle & listen, & wiggle less). There are more to come (along with some more pencil cases & a crayon apron or two)...look below for a little hint of the fabric I need to use up...

--> I started making mini cards that can double as gift tags...some with loops & some with cute little sleeves.

--> I bought more glass beads & elastic cord to make more bookmarks like these...
(but a little fancier &
some fabric scraps might get put to use here too)..

--> My daughter's 8th birthday is in the works. She is very passionate about two things, recycling & art (don't let her catch you accidentally drop a can in the trash) :D So the theme is "recycled art" As many of the decorations & party supplies as I can manage will be upcycled (I've been saving plastic bags for months now) & as an activity the kids will be making their own upcycled art projects. Here is what I am working on now...this upcycled fused plastic bag bunting...I love it..(can you tell where I shop the most?)
I'm just learning how to fuse plastic bags & here is a great tutorial where you can too :)

--> and last, but not least...I made this banner for my mom's blog giveaway. She is celebrating her 100th post!! The winner will be drawn on May 11th & all you have to do is leave a comment...so go and enter now-there are lots of great prizes!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails