3.02.2010

Luau!!

When Janee won her crayon roll *here* I promised to post ideas for a luau (and for everyone else who left comments...keep watching...I am planning on sharing some fun ideas for your party topics)

I've come up with two fun ideas (so far...I am debating on a banner...I will keep you updated)...here they are-

1. Tiki Invitations
I found this template...it was originally for a pumpkin, so you will need to re-size it--in the print menu I went to properties, then chose fast/economical and chose to print 4 pages per sheet...that way it ends up the perfect size for a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card. Use a craft knife to cut out the design.

Next, cut 1 sheet of light brown paper to 4 x 5.25 inches, cut a piece of dark brown cardstock slightly smaller.

Now, trace the reverse of the tiki design onto the back of the light colored cardstock and cut out. Add 3D glue dots to the back and center the dark brown piece of cardstock on top.

Last, glue onto the front of your card (1/2 piece of heavy white cardstock, folded in half)

Now, I know it seems like a lot of cutting, so if it is too much hassle for you I will have a set for sale in the next couple of days or so...I will let you know (I ran out of dark brown paper) :)
Here is a fun craft that might make a great favor...I thought it was cute :)


2. I really don't know what to call these...but it looks like you are eating sand with a beach umbrella...cakes (or more like pudding) :)

This my twist on a "dirt cake"...this is half of a recipe, and I had a lot of pudding left over. And, in hindsight, I would use foil cupcake liners instead of just paper ones...they are a little more sturdy.

You need:
1 package golden Oreo cookies
1 3/4 c. milk
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding
2 TB butter, softened
1/2 pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. tub cool whip



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such cute ideas Anna! Keep em coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails